- Barolo DOCG
- 100% Nebbiolo
- Spontaneous fermentation from indigenous yeasts
- Maceration and alcoholic fermentation in open steel tanks
- Malolactic fermentation and ageing in French oak tonneaux of 500 liters
- The 2005 Cannubi Boschis "sibi et paucis" was aged a further 6 years after the original release date of September 2009 in the perfect conditions of Luciano's personal winery cellar.
- From the first vintage of 1985 Cannubi Boschis, from 2013 and beyond ALESTE
- Vineyard in the village of Barolo: Cannubi Boschis
- Alcohol: 14%
- Recommended drinking time:
2015 - 2035
Cannubi Boschis Barolo 2005
Deep red color. Floral, black cherry and vanilla notes come through on the generous and open nose.
There is a chalky element to the tannins that is characteristic of the 2005 vintage.
In the mouth, the fruit and licorice are supported by the ripe, deep tannins and excellent acid balance.
The finish shows some pretty floral motes around the tannins.
Ratings for the vintage 2005
Wine Advocate 95 points
Stephen Tanzer 95 points
Vinous 94 points
Wine Spectator 96 points
Falstaff 92 Punkte
Gambero Rosso 3 bicchieri
I Vini di Veronelli 3 stelle
Evolution of the vintage 2005
The good reserves of water accumulated thanks to the winter and spring rains in 2005 enabled the grapes to overcome the high summer temperatures without difficulty.
Some rain at the beginning of September led to fears for the harvest, but it went ahead as usual, thanks to the return of fine weather.
Harvest on the 29th and 30th of September.