- Barolo DOCG
- 100% Nebbiolo
- Spontaneous fermentation from indigenous yeast
- Maceration and fermentation in open steel tanks
- Malolactic fermentation and ageing in French oak tonneaux of 500 liters
- The 2005 Le Vigne "sibi et paucis" was aged a further 6 years after the original release date of September 2009 in the perfect conditions of Luciano's personal winery cellar.
- First vintage: 1990
- Vineyards in the villages of:
Monforte d'Alba: Ceretta and Conterni
- Alcohol: 14,%
LE VIGNE Barolo 2005
The blending of wines of different origins and therefore with different characteristics is always fascinating.
This year the result is a very complex, articulate and structured but elegant wine.
A perfect interpretation of a vintage which can be described as classic.
Ratings for the vintage 2005
Wine Advocate 94 points
Stephen Tanzer 92 points
Vinous 95 points
Wine Spectator 92 points
I Vini di Veronelli 3 stelle
Evolution of the vintage 2005
The climatic trend of 2005 was rather particular, but on the whole very good. The rains in April built up sufficiently the water reserves after a winter with a marked lack of precipitations, especially snow, while May and June were as hot as to cause fears that the torrid summer of 2003 would be repeated.
Several drops in temperature and the arrival of storms, some of which were violent, in July and August mitigated a summer which had started off extremely hot.
A few days of rain in early September caused to worry a little, but the fine weather that followed assured a safe harvest despite the rainfall between the 3rd and 7th of October.
Thanks in part to the meticulous thinning and leaf removal, the 2005 harvest gave us excellent quality grapes.
Harvest between the 1st and the 15th October.