- Nebbiolo d'Alba DOC
- 100% Nebbiolo
- Spontaneous fermentation from indigenous yeasts
- Maceration and fermentation in open steel tanks
- Malolactic fermentation and ageing in French oak tonneaux of 500 liters
- The 2008 Valmaggiore "sibi et paucis" was aged a further 4 years after the original release date of September 2010 in the perfect conditions of Luciano's personal winery cellar.
- First vintage: 1994
- Vineyard in the village of Vezza d'Alba: Valmaggiore
- Alcohol: 13,5%
- Recommended drinking time: 2014 – 2025
VALMAGGIORE Nebbiolo d’Alba 2008
Dark garnet-ruby color. A mix of small red fruits – raspberries, currants, cherries, rhubarb and pomegranate – with toffee and cola nut, beginning to show secondary characteristics.
In the mouth, the varied fruits harmonize with the full, ripe tannins characteristic of the very classic 2008 vintage.
The freshness of this wine is impeccable; it has lost all its baby fat and evolved positively in the bottle.
The finish is long and dry and ends with licorice, mineral and fruit.
Ratings for the vintage 2008
Wine Advocate 89 points
Vinous 88 points
Wine Spectator 88 points
Gambero Rosso 3 bicchieri
Evolution of the vintage 2008
The adjective that best describes 2008 is "classic." From a climactic point of view, this vintage takes us back to the 1970s, with a rainy spring, followed by a gradual stabilization of the climactic conditions over the summer that allowed us to achieve an excellent maturation and a unique balance of acid and tannin.
This vintage rewarded those whose vines are in the best zones and those who invested in the work necessary to bring the fruit to full maturity during a cool, slow yet variable vegetative cycle.
As happens often, our most important local grape varietal gives us very pleasant surprises whose results will only become more concrete with the passage of time.